- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 ounce uncooked rice sticks
- 4 medium romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 (8-inch) round sheets rice paper
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 8 medium shrimp, peeled, steamed, and halved lengthwise (about 4 ounces)
- 20 (2-inch) julienne-cut seeded peeled cucumber strips
- 20 (2-inch) julienne-cut carrot strips
- 20 (2-inch) julienne-cut green onion tops
- 12 medium fresh mint leaves
- calories 127
- caloriesfromfat 5 %
- fat 0.7 g
- satfat 0.1 g
- monofat 0.1 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 7.8 g
- carbohydrate 22.5 g
- fiber 2.2 g
- cholesterol 43 mg
- iron 1.4 mg
- sodium 171 mg
- calcium 42 mg
How to Make It
To prepare sauce, combine vinegar, honey, fish sauce, and curry paste, stirring with a whisk. Set aside.
To prepare rolls, cook rice sticks according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water. Drain.
Trim fibrous ribs from lettuce leaves to flatten leaves.
Add hot water to a large, shallow dish to a depth of 1 inch. Place 1 rice paper sheet in dish; let stand 30 seconds or until soft. Place sheet on a flat surface. Arrange 1 lettuce leaf over sheet. Top lettuce with 2 basil leaves, 4 shrimp halves, 2 tablespoons noodles, 5 cucumber strips, 5 carrot strips, 5 green onion strips, and 3 mint leaves. Fold sides of sheet over filling, and roll up jelly-roll fashion. Gently press seam to seal. Place roll, seam side down, on a serving platter (cover to prevent drying). Repeat procedure with remaining rice sheets, lettuce, basil, shrimp, noodles, cucumber, carrot, green onion tops, and mint. Serve with the sauce.