This recipe is delicious!!! I did follow SuzMate's suggestion and doubled the green onion, garlic, ginger, and basil. I used fish sauce while cooking but added a dash of soy sauce to my bowl at the table along with extra sirachi. Yummy!!! My family cannot get enough!
Thai Shrimp Noodle Soup
More From Oxmoor House
- 8 cups water
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai hot chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons peeled and very thinly slivered fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 4 packages oriental- or chicken-flavor ramen noodles, slightly broken
- 8 ounces medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Juice and grated zest from 1 lime
- 1. Bring water to a boil in a soup pot. Add green onions, carrots, fish sauce, chili sauce, garlic, ginger, and basil to pot. Add 2 ramen noodle seasoning packets (if you add all 4 packets, the soup will probably be too salty). Boil 5 minutes.
- 2. Add shrimp, spinach, mushrooms, and ramen noodles. Cook 5 more minutes. Add lime juice and zest. Stir well and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews