This was outstanding! And so quick to make. I used a package of plain Japanese curly noodles (without seasoning packets). With the fish sauce, garlic, and ginger I didn't miss the extra seasoning and prefer less sodium.
Thai Shrimp Noodle Soup
I love the exotic flavors in this easy-to-prepare soup. You can find fish sauce in many grocery stores or local Asian markets. A bottle will last a long time in the refrigerator.
More From Oxmoor House
- 8 cups water
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai hot chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons peeled and very thinly slivered fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 4 packages oriental- or chicken-flavor ramen noodles, slightly broken
- 8 ounces medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Juice and grated zest from 1 lime
- 1. Bring water to a boil in a soup pot. Add green onions, carrots, fish sauce, chili sauce, garlic, ginger, and basil to pot. Add 2 ramen noodle seasoning packets (if you add all 4 packets, the soup will probably be too salty). Boil 5 minutes.
- 2. Add shrimp, spinach, mushrooms, and ramen noodles. Cook 5 more minutes. Add lime juice and zest. Stir well and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note