Thai Shrimp and Glass-noodle Salad
This Shrimp and Glass-noodle Salad can be made ahead and refrigerated for a flavorful Thai-inspired lunch or dinner.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 4 ounces glass noodles (bean threads)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons light vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large cucumber, halved, seeded, and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Soak noodles in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender; rinse and drain. Place in a mixing bowl. (For easier serving, cut noodles into pieces with kitchen shears.)
- Combine lime juice and next 4 ingredients; pour over noodles, tossing to coat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, and toss salad until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This