Thai Shrimp Curry
Thai red curry paste, unsweetened coconut milk, and fish sauce are available in the Asian foods section of most supermarkets. Serve this curry over steamed jasmine rice.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 limes
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 cup(s) shallots chopped
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) Thai red curry paste
- 13 1/2 ounce(s) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) fish sauce
- 1 1/4 pound(s) shrimp
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh basil chopped
- 2 package(s) jasmine rice
- Finely grate enough peel from 2 limes to measure 1 1/2 teaspoons. Squeeze enough juice from 2 limes to measure 2 tablespoons. Cut third lime into wedges.
- Heat vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chopped shallots, diced red bell pepper, and minced ginger; sautè until shallots are tender and peppers soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in curry paste, coconut milk, fish sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons lime peel, and 2 tablespoons lime juice. Simmer gently, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle fish and shrimp with salt and pepper. Add fish and shrimp to curry sauce. Return to very gentle simmer and cook just until fish and shrimp are opaque in center, 5 to 6 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Gently stir in cilantro and basil; serve with lime wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by megandelorbe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note