Thai Shrimp Curry
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup chopped green onions (about 8 small)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste*
- 1 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk*
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Thai fish sauce (nam pla)*
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Heat peanut oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion; stir-fry until soft and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add green onions and curry paste; stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add coconut milk, chicken broth, fish sauce, and sugar; bring to boil. Add tomatoes and boil 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook just until opaque in center, stirring often, about 3 minutes. Transfer curry to large shallow bowl. Garnish with cilantro. Serve, passing lime wedges separately.
- *Available at Asian markets and in the Asian foods section of some supermarkets.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BigSteve and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note