Thai Shrimp Curry
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 498
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 918mg
- 1/3 cup Green Curry Paste or store-bought paste
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can regular unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (1 1/2-inch) trimmed and diagonally cut green beans (about 4 ounces), steamed until crisp-tender
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 6 kaffir lime leaves (fresh or frozen), optional
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and julienned
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- Prepare the Green Curry Paste.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the coconut milk and curry paste in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook 7 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the remaining coconut milk, and bring to a boil. Add the fish sauce, sugar, and salt. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and beans. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes until shrimp is bright pink--don't overcook. (The recipe can be made up to this point, refrigerated, and reheated later.) Stir in the basil, lime leaves, and chilis.
- Place the rice in a bowl, cover with cold water, and rub the rice until the water is cloudy. Drain it in a colander beneath cold water until the water runs clear. Place the rice in a large, heavy saucepan with 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, and cover. Reduce heat to the lowest setting, and simmer for 20 minutes until the water is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes, covered. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving with the curry.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes