- 1/3 cup Green Curry Paste or store-bought paste
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can regular unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (1 1/2-inch) trimmed and diagonally cut green beans (about 4 ounces), steamed until crisp-tender
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 6 kaffir lime leaves (fresh or frozen), optional
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and julienned
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- calories 498
- fat 18 g
- satfat 14 g
- monofat 1 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 22 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 115 mg
- iron 5 mg
- sodium 918 mg
How to Make It
Prepare the Green Curry Paste.
Combine 1/2 cup of the coconut milk and curry paste in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook 7 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the remaining coconut milk, and bring to a boil. Add the fish sauce, sugar, and salt. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes.
Add the shrimp and beans. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes until shrimp is bright pink--don't overcook. (The recipe can be made up to this point, refrigerated, and reheated later.) Stir in the basil, lime leaves, and chilis.
Place the rice in a bowl, cover with cold water, and rub the rice until the water is cloudy. Drain it in a colander beneath cold water until the water runs clear. Place the rice in a large, heavy saucepan with 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, and cover. Reduce heat to the lowest setting, and simmer for 20 minutes until the water is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes, covered. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving with the curry.