Great recipe, nice change to crab cakes. I substitute red curry paste for the siracha for a better thai flavor.
Thai Shrimp Cakes
More From Cooking Light
Total: 23 Minutes
- Calories: 165
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 11.2g
- Carbohydrate: 10.3g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 118mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 374mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 2/3 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), divided
- 1/4 cup minced unsweetened dried coconut, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined shrimp, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1. Combine 1/3 cup panko, 2 tablespoons coconut, and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Add shrimp; stir just until combined. Using wet hands, shape mixture into 4 equal balls. Combine remaining panko and coconut in a shallow dish. Coat balls in panko mixture; press to form 4 (4-inch) patties.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add patties; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with lime.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note