- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 small fresh red Thai chiles, thinly sliced, or 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup roughly torn fresh mint, divided
- 1/3 cup roughly torn fresh cilantro, divided
- 8 ounces thickly sliced rare deli roast beef, cut into wide strips
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
How to Make It
Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Combine lettuce, cucumber, and shallots in a large bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup mint and 3 tablespoons cilantro. Stir in all but 2 tablespoons dressing, tossing well.
Toss roast beef with remaining 2 tablespoons dressing. Arrange salad on a platter, and top with roast beef. Sprinkle with peanuts and remaining mint and cilantro.