Very tasty and easy to adjust to ingredients found in the pantry. Family favourite!
Thai Rice Noodles with Chicken
If shopping in an Asian grocery, look for pad thai noodles designated as "XL." At supermarkets, packages will be marked "wide." Check the rice noodles occasionally as they soak. Take a taste to see when they're ready; they'll be slightly chewy and not too soft. Adding the chicken makes this dish a complete meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 343
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 17.5g
- Carbohydrate: 54.4g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 615mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 8 ounces 1/2-inch-thick rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh chile paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons thinly diagonally sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced lemongrass (tough outer stalks removed)
- 1/4 cup very thinly vertically sliced shallots
- 1. Combine 2 tablespoons juice and chicken in a bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Soak noodles in hot water 15 minutes or until somewhat soft but still slightly chewy. Drain well.
- 3. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons juice, sugar, and next 4 ingredients (through chile paste). Stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 4. Heat a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Remove chicken from juice; discard juice. Add chicken to pan; stir-fry 4 minutes or until done. Transfer to large bowl; sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add green onions, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry 45 seconds or just until golden and fragrant. Add noodles; cook 30 seconds, tossing well. Stir in sugar mixture. Add chicken; cook 30 seconds. Place 1 1/4 cups noodle mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each with 2 tablespoons basil, 1 tablespoon lemongrass, and 1 tablespoon shallots.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note