- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 8 ounces 1/2-inch-thick rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh chile paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons thinly diagonally sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced lemongrass (tough outer stalks removed)
- 1/4 cup very thinly vertically sliced shallots
- calories 343
- fat 5.5 g
- satfat 0.6 g
- monofat 2.9 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 17.5 g
- carbohydrate 54.4 g
- fiber 0.7 g
- cholesterol 34 mg
- iron 2.1 mg
- sodium 615 mg
- calcium 36 mg
How to Make It
Combine 2 tablespoons juice and chicken in a bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
Soak noodles in hot water 15 minutes or until somewhat soft but still slightly chewy. Drain well.
Combine remaining 2 tablespoons juice, sugar, and next 4 ingredients (through chile paste). Stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt.
Heat a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Remove chicken from juice; discard juice. Add chicken to pan; stir-fry 4 minutes or until done. Transfer to large bowl; sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add green onions, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry 45 seconds or just until golden and fragrant. Add noodles; cook 30 seconds, tossing well. Stir in sugar mixture. Add chicken; cook 30 seconds. Place 1 1/4 cups noodle mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each with 2 tablespoons basil, 1 tablespoon lemongrass, and 1 tablespoon shallots.