941 calories? no thanks.
Thai Red Curry Soup
More From Real Simple
Other: 5 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 941
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Fat: 47g
- Saturated fat: 39g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Sodium: 611mg
- Carbohydrate: 88g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugars: 13g
- Protein: 50g
- 12 ounces chow mein noodles or spaghetti
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 14-ounce cans coconut milk
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas, cut in half
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the curry paste, coconut milk, broth, ginger, and salt. Bring to a boil. Add the peas, mushrooms, and shrimp. Lower the heat and simmer until the shrimp are cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes. Divide the noodles and soup among individual bowls. Sprinkle with the cilantro.
Tip: Some like it hot. To reach your desired level of spiciness, add the red curry paste a little bit at a time. Look for the paste in the international or Asian section of the supermarket.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews