- 12 ounces chow mein noodles or spaghetti
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 14-ounce cans coconut milk
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas, cut in half
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- calories 941
- caloriesfromfat 45 %
- fat 47 g
- satfat 39 g
- cholesterol 172 mg
- sodium 611 mg
- carbohydrate 88 g
- fiber 7 g
- sugars 13 g
- protein 50 g
How to Make It
Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the curry paste, coconut milk, broth, ginger, and salt. Bring to a boil. Add the peas, mushrooms, and shrimp. Lower the heat and simmer until the shrimp are cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes. Divide the noodles and soup among individual bowls. Sprinkle with the cilantro.
Tip: Some like it hot. To reach your desired level of spiciness, add the red curry paste a little bit at a time. Look for the paste in the international or Asian section of the supermarket.