- 2 (3.5-ounce) bags boil-in-bag jasmine rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste (such as Thai Kitchen)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 12 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 5 lime wedges
- calories 245
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 6.7 g
- satfat 4 g
- protein 24.2 g
- carbohydrate 23.8 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- cholesterol 53 mg
- iron 1.5 mg
- sodium 449 mg
- calcium 30 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Set aside 2 1/2 cups hot cooked rice. Reserve remaining 1/2 cup rice for another use.
While rice cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 8 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from pan; set chicken aside.
Add onion and next 6 ingredients to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Combine coconut milk and curry paste, stirring with a whisk until smooth; add to vegetable mixture. Add chicken, lime juice, basil, and chopped cilantro. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl; add to chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Serve over hot cooked jasmine rice. Squeeze a lime wedge over each serving.