Is there a detailed calorie breakdown for this? 245 for a full serving doesn't seem accurate. I didn't even use the higher number of ingredients they recommended and I still calculate around 234 per serving of beef and sauce, plus 112 for a 1/2 cup of brown rice. I don't understand where the "245 for 3/4 cup beef plus 1/2 cup brown rice" comes from, especially since they used more onion, garlic and beef than I'm using right now!
Thai Red Curry Beef
Jalapeño seeds add a slight kick to this Thai beef dish. If you want to decrease the heat, seed the jalapeño before mincing.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 245
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 27.4g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 624mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- 2 pounds lean beef stew meat
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped onion (1 onion)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 4 cups hot cooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain. Place beef in a 4-quart electric slow cooker; sprinkle with salt.
- 2. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Spoon onion mixture over beef. Combine beef broth and next 6 ingredients (through jalapeño); pour over beef. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- 3. Stir in spinach. Cover and cook on LOW for 15 minutes or just until spinach wilts. Serve beef mixture over rice; sprinkle with basil leaves.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This