- 2 pounds lean beef stew meat
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped onion (1 onion)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 4 cups hot cooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- calories 245
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 5.5 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 27.4 g
- carbohydrate 20 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- cholesterol 50 mg
- iron 2.8 mg
- sodium 624 mg
- calcium 42 mg
How to Make It
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain. Place beef in a 4-quart electric slow cooker; sprinkle with salt.
Return pan to medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Spoon onion mixture over beef. Combine beef broth and next 6 ingredients (through jalapeño); pour over beef. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Stir in spinach. Cover and cook on LOW for 15 minutes or just until spinach wilts. Serve beef mixture over rice; sprinkle with basil leaves.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.