Thai Pummelo Salad
Notes: This refreshing Thai salad is a delicious relish for pork satay.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 171
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 6.2g
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 202mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 pummeloes (1 1/2 lb. each)
- 2 cups diced (1/4 in.) English cucumbers
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh serrano or jalapeÃ±o chili, rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- About 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1. Cut off and discard thick pummelo skins. With your fingers, divide pummeloes into segments. Pull off and discard membranes; pull fruit into 1/2-inch chunks. Place in a bowl.
- 2. Gently stir in cucumbers, cilantro, chili, and 2 tablespoons fish sauce. Taste and add more fish sauce if desired; if making up to 1 day ahead, cover and chill (salad will become juicier). Sprinkle with peanuts just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads