Thai Pummelo Salad
Notes: This refreshing Thai salad is a delicious relish for pork satay.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 171
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 6.2g
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 202mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 pummeloes (1 1/2 lb. each)
- 2 cups diced (1/4 in.) English cucumbers
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh serrano or jalapeño chili, rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- About 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1. Cut off and discard thick pummelo skins. With your fingers, divide pummeloes into segments. Pull off and discard membranes; pull fruit into 1/2-inch chunks. Place in a bowl.
- 2. Gently stir in cucumbers, cilantro, chili, and 2 tablespoons fish sauce. Taste and add more fish sauce if desired; if making up to 1 day ahead, cover and chill (salad will become juicier). Sprinkle with peanuts just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note