- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 oz.) can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced lengthwise
- 1 (8 oz.) package white mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork butt or shoulder, cubed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- calories 450
- fat 28 g
- satfat 10 g
- protein 40 g
- carbohydrate 8 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 129 mg
- sodium 434 mg
How to Make It
Stir in 3/4 cup chicken broth, coconut milk, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and curry paste to a slow cooker.
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork cubes with salt and pepper and add a third of pork to skillet. Brown meat for 6 minutes. Transfer pork to slow cooker. Repeat with remaining 2 batches of pork and 2 Tbsp. oil.
Pour remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth into skillet, scraping bottom of pan to incorporate browned bits; stir this liquid into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for 5 hours. Using a slotted spoon, skim grease off top prior to serving.
Sprinkle cilantro on stew; Serve over rice, if desired.