We love this recipe!! One of our favorite pork chop recipes...very different and so tasty. Good for peanut butter loving kids too.
Thai Pork Chops With Caramelized Onions
Thick-cut boneless pork chops can be pricey, but not if you slice them yourself from a boneless pork loin. Frequently on sale for $1.99 a pound, this lean and tender cut of pork is easily sliced into thick or thin chops that can be frozen in zip-top plastic freezer bags for up to 3 months.
More From Southern Living
Grill: 10 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 (1-inch-thick) boneless pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook first 6 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add sliced onion, and sauté 15 minutes or until onion is caramelized. Remove and reserve onion with a slotted spoon, reserving liquid. Stir orange juice into reserved liquid in pan. Brush mixture evenly over pork chops, and sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Grill pork, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove to a serving platter; top with caramelized onion.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note