I doubled the curry paste and garlic and used tofu instead of shrimp. Next time I would use less noodles or double the sauce altogether. Colorful presentation with very fresh flavors!
Thai Noodles with Peanut Sauce
Photo: Karry Hosford
This Thai-inspired shrimp dish is perfect for a quick, flavorful weeknight dinner. Break out the chopsticks to boost dinner's fun factor.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups noodle mixture, 1 teaspoon chopped nuts, and 1 lime wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 369
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 30.7g
- Carbohydrate: 39.1g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Iron: 4.3mg
- Sodium: 633mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- 8 ounces uncooked rice noodles
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- Cook noodles in boiling water 6 minutes. Rinse and drain. Keep warm.
- Place 1/2 cup peanuts in a food processor; process until smooth (about 2 minutes), scraping sides of bowl once.
- Combine peanut butter, broth, and next 5 ingredients (broth through garlic) in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute. Pour broth mixture into a blender or food processor; let stand 5 minutes. Process until smooth. Stir in vinegar.
- Cook shrimp in boiling water 2 minutes or until done; drain.
- Combine noodles, shrimp, bell pepper, cucumber, onions, and basil in a large bowl. Add peanut sauce; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with chopped nuts; serve with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables