- 8 ounces uncooked rice noodles
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- calories 369
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 9.9 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- monofat 4.1 g
- polyfat 3.2 g
- protein 30.7 g
- carbohydrate 39.1 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- cholesterol 172 mg
- iron 4.3 mg
- sodium 633 mg
- calcium 87 mg
How to Make It
Cook noodles in boiling water 6 minutes. Rinse and drain. Keep warm.
Place 1/2 cup peanuts in a food processor; process until smooth (about 2 minutes), scraping sides of bowl once.
Combine peanut butter, broth, and next 5 ingredients (broth through garlic) in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute. Pour broth mixture into a blender or food processor; let stand 5 minutes. Process until smooth. Stir in vinegar.
Cook shrimp in boiling water 2 minutes or until done; drain.
Combine noodles, shrimp, bell pepper, cucumber, onions, and basil in a large bowl. Add peanut sauce; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with chopped nuts; serve with lime wedges.