What an outstanding salad full of fresh flavors! The peanut sauce is a MUST!
Thai Noodle Salad with Vegetables and Spicy Peanut Sauce
Udon noodles often come with a seasoning packet. Simply discard it for this recipe.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 7.5g
- Carbohydrate: 37.7g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.5mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 329mg
- Calcium: 72mg
- 1/2 pound udon noodles (thick, round fresh Japanese wheat noodles) or spaghetti
- 6 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups coarsely shredded peeled uncooked sweet potato
- 12 thinly sliced red bell pepper rings
- 12 thinly sliced green bell pepper rings
- 1 cup coarsely shredded peeled daikon or carrot
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Fresh basil leaves, cilantro sprigs, and mint sprigs (optional)
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 3 minutes (omit seasoning packet, if included). Drain; rinse under cold water, and set aside.
- Combine lettuce and cabbage in a large bowl; toss well. Spread lettuce mixture over a large platter. Place noodles in center of platter on top of lettuce mixture. Arrange sweet potato, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, daikon, and bean sprouts around noodles in individual mounds over lettuce mixture.
- Drizzle Spicy Peanut Sauce over salad. Garnish with basil, cilantro, and mint, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Thai Noodle Salad with Vegetables and Spicy Peanut Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Salad Dressings