this was okay - not enough sauce for my liking, however, I did use more noodles than the recipe called for. I ended up adding several tablespoons of our favorite ginger salad dressing.
Thai Noodle Salad
Photo: Van Chaplin; Styling: Rose Nguyen
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 329
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 522mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 1 (8-oz.) package vermicelli
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce*
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and place in a large bowl; set aside.
- 2. Process cilantro and next 7 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- 3. Toss together pasta, cilantro dressing, carrots, and next 3 ingredients. Sprinkle with peanuts, and serve immediately.
- * Soy sauce may be substituted for fish sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables