Excellent, though quite garlicky. This is a very authentic thai style dish, bursting with white peppercorn, garlic, and cilantro flavors.
Thai Grilled Chicken
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 315
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 49.6g
- Carbohydrate: 3.6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 141mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 577mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 2 tablespoons white peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro stems (optional)
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 chicken leg quarters (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill.
- Place peppercorns and coriander seeds in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook 1 minute or until toasted. Place peppercorns and coriander seeds in a spice or coffee grinder; process until finely ground.
- Combine the pepper mixture, cilantro (if desired), and next 4 ingredients (cilantro through garlic). Loosen skin from chicken breasts and thighs by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Rub the seasoning mixture under loosened chicken skin. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 3 to 8 hours. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Discard skin.
- Wine Note: Lots of coriander, soy sauce, and garlic, plus the char from grilling, mean this chicken will need a boldly fruity, densely textured wine partner. A great bet: Dry Creek Vineyard Old Vines Zinfandel 1998 (Sonoma County, California; $19).
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note