I usually love anything with green curry, but this recipe was completely bland. I followed the recipe exactly, but added a little basil at the end for flavour - also because I've never seen a recipe for green curry without it. Well, that didn't even help this concoction. It was short on sauce as well. By far, this is the worst recipe I've ever made from this site, which I usually find to be excellent.
Thai Green Curry
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 276
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 6.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 496mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 2 medium carrots (10 oz), cut at a diagonal into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste (available in the Asian aisle at most supermarkets)
- 2 (13.5-oz) cans light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth*
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce* (also available at most supermarkets)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (preferably dark)
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 lb), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (or firm organic tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1. Bring a medium saucepan of water with 1/2 tsp salt to a boil. Blanch green beans and carrots for 2 minutes; drain. Set aside.
- 2. In a 4- to 5-quart heavy pot, cook curry paste over medium heat, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Whisk in coconut milk, chicken broth, fish sauce, and sugar, and simmer briskly until liquid is reduced by about one-third (10-15 minutes).
- 3. Add sweet potato to pot and simmer until it begins to soften (5 minutes). Add chicken, if using, bring to a simmer, and cook until no longer pink (5 minutes). Add zucchini, blanched vegetables, and tofu (if using). Continue to cook, covered, until zucchini is just tender (3-5 minutes more). Serve.
- *To make this dish vegetarian, substitute vegetable broth and soy sauce for the chicken broth and fish sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This