Thai Garlic Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) good-tasting stock (vegetarian or chicken stock)
- 2 tablespoon(s) fish sauce (or substitute 2.5 Tbsp. soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 5-7 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 red chili minced, OR 1 tsp. chili sauce, OR ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 rice wine for cooking
- 1. Place all ingredients – except garlic and cornstarch – in a sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- 2.When sauce begins to bubble, reduce heat to medium-low. Now add the minced garlic and cornstarch (dissolved in water). Stir until the sauce thickens slightly – about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Do a taste test. You’re looking for a balance of salty (fish sauce), spicy (garlic and chili), sour (lime), and sweet (sugar). Adjust these flavors to suit your taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MerryFerre and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes