Thai Garlic Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) good-tasting stock (vegetarian or chicken stock)
- 2 tablespoon(s) fish sauce (or substitute 2.5 Tbsp. soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 5-7 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 red chili minced, OR 1 tsp. chili sauce, OR ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 rice wine for cooking
- 1. Place all ingredients – except garlic and cornstarch – in a sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- 2.When sauce begins to bubble, reduce heat to medium-low. Now add the minced garlic and cornstarch (dissolved in water). Stir until the sauce thickens slightly – about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Do a taste test. You’re looking for a balance of salty (fish sauce), spicy (garlic and chili), sour (lime), and sweet (sugar). Adjust these flavors to suit your taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MerryFerre and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note