I don't know if it is "worthy of a special occasion" or not...isn't exactly my style for such events, but delicious recipe! My husband ate seconds, and he was quite nervous about putting tofu in his mouth. My 4 year old was in a negative mood, but I think he would like it otherwise. My 2 year old ate most of hers, came to steal mine, then went back to hers. :0) Yummy!
Thai Fried Rice with Tofu
This quick dish gets a smoky flavor boost from packaged pregrilled tofu. Like most fried rice dishes, leftovers are even better the next day.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 261
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 13.7g
- Carbohydrate: 26.9g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 701mg
- Calcium: 149mg
- 2 teaspoons roasted peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (9.2-ounce) package original grilled tofu (such as Marjon), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut, toasted
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups coarsely chopped bok choy (about 1 large head)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted cashews, salted
- 2 cups chilled cooked jasmine or basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 lime wedges
- 1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and next 3 ingredients; sauté 3 minutes. Add coconut and brown sugar; cook 1 minute. Push tofu mixture to one side of pan. Add egg to empty side of pan; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until soft-scrambled.
- 2. Add bok choy, green beans, and cashews, and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice and soy sauce, and cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with lime wedges.
- Note: The rice for this recipe was prepared ahead and chilled overnight. It was cooked in the microwave according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Use 2/3 cup uncooked rice and 1 1/3 cups water to get a 2-cup yield of cooked rice. If you have any kind of leftover cooked rice from another meal, you may substitute it for the jasmine rice, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note