Fantastic, easy weeknight dinner. Followed the recipe pretty much exactly, just used olive-oil spray instead of oil to saute the chicken. I suggest using less lime juice than recommended and upping it to taste, as I wound up adding a bit more stock plus the accumulated juices from the chicken platter to cut the tartness. I think my lime juice was extra tart, as a couple of my limes and started to turn brown -- anyway, it's always better to add more sour than to deal with too much. All in all, a fantastic recipe that the whole family enjoyed. Will be added to our go-to file.
Thai Fish Sauce and Lime Chicken
Sweetened chili sauce is found in Asian markets, and it is often served alongside egg rolls. A similar condiment available in most grocery stores is called Thai sweet red chile dipping sauce. Serve this chicken with white rice.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 296
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 41.8g
- Carbohydrate: 12.1g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 649mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sweetened chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add broth, chili sauce, and fish sauce; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until broth mixture is reduced to 2/3 cup (about 4 minutes). Remove from heat; add lime juice and peanut butter, stirring until smooth. Serve sauce over chicken; sprinkle with peanuts. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note