Very nice, mellow curry.
Thai Curry Rice Bowl
Photo: James Carrier
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 740
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Protein: 37g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 93g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 460mg
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- 1 red bell pepper (1/2 lb.), rinsed
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken breast
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- About 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. Stem bell pepper, seed, and cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips about 3 inches long.
- 2. Rinse chicken, pat dry, and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 3. Place a 14-inch wok or 12-inch frying pan over high heat. Measure 1 tablespoon solidified coconut milk from the top of the can and add to wok with pepper and 1/4 cup water. Stir often until pepper strips are limp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4. Add remaining coconut milk and curry paste. Stir to blend smoothly. Stir until boiling; add chicken, corn, and sugar. Reduce heat to medium; stir often until chicken is white in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 3 minutes. Add lemon juice and fish sauce to taste.
- 5. Scoop rice into bowls and top equally with chicken curry mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This