- 1 red bell pepper (1/2 lb.), rinsed
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken breast
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- About 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- calories 740
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- protein 37 g
- fat 25 g
- satfat 20 g
- carbohydrate 93 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- sodium 460 mg
- cholesterol 66 mg
How to Make It
Stem bell pepper, seed, and cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips about 3 inches long.
Rinse chicken, pat dry, and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
Place a 14-inch wok or 12-inch frying pan over high heat. Measure 1 tablespoon solidified coconut milk from the top of the can and add to wok with pepper and 1/4 cup water. Stir often until pepper strips are limp, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add remaining coconut milk and curry paste. Stir to blend smoothly. Stir until boiling; add chicken, corn, and sugar. Reduce heat to medium; stir often until chicken is white in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 3 minutes. Add lemon juice and fish sauce to taste.
Scoop rice into bowls and top equally with chicken curry mixture.