This is an easy and delicious recipe. I used 2 stalks of lemongrass and also added bok choy, basil and glass noodles.
Thai Coconut Soup
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Fonda Shaia
Seed the chiles if you prefer a milder soup.
Yield: Makes 7 cups
More From Coastal Living
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 to 2 serrano or jalapeño chiles, sliced
- 1 stalk lemon grass, cut into 1-inch pieces (optional)
- 2 to 3 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp or 1 (12-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package sliced cremini or baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine first 5 ingredients and, if desired, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Add shrimp, and simmer 10 more minutes. Discard ginger and lemon grass. Stir in sliced mushrooms and cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews