Thai Coconut Shrimp
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) dry brown rice noodles or past of choice
- 2 cup(s) broccoli florets
- 2/3 cup(s) light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 3 tablespoon(s) natural peanut butter with sea salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger ground
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup(s) bean sprouts
- 24 medium raw shrimp peeled, deveined and rinsed under cold running water
- Bring 2 medium pots of water to a boil over high heat. In 1 pot, cook pasta according to package directions, then rinse with hot water to ensure pasta doesn't get sticky when left to stand. (Hot water washes away the starch better than cold water.) Fluff pasta with your fingers or a fork to further de-clump noodles, then set aside. In the second pot of boiling water, add broccoli, cover, turn heat down to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add coconut milk, tomato paste, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, pepper flakes and lime juice. Use a fork or whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Simmer coconut mixture, bell pepper and bean sprouts in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often to prevent clumping. Add shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes, then flip shrimp over and continue to cook for a final minute.
- Toss noodles and broccoli with coconut-shrimp mixture and serve piping hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ftoast and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note