Thai Cilantro and Serrano Rice
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 139
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Sodium: 122mg
- 2 cups unseasoned hot cooked long-grain white rice simmered in water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Start with hot cooked rice simmered in water. Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil; swirl. Add ginger, garlic, and chiles; sauté 1 minute. Stir ginger mixture, cilantro, and kosher salt into rice.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note