Thai Chili Shrimp with Rice
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 357
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Protein: 21g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 716mg
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons Asian red chili paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 12 ounces (30 to 35 per lb.) shelled, deveined shrimp, rinsed
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. In a blender or food processor, whirl oil, chili paste, soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, and ginger until well blended. In a shallow 2- to 3-quart baking dish, mix shrimp and chili paste mixture; cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 2- to 3-quart pan over high heat, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Stir in rice and salt. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender to bite, about 20 minutes.
- 3. Spread shrimp into a single layer in baking dish. Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat until bright pink and opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4. Mound rice equally on four dinner plates; spoon shrimp and juices equally over rice. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes