Thai Chile Relish
More From Food & Wine
- 5 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 6 Anaheim chiles
- 4 (medium) shallots, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Light a grill and thread the garlic on a skewer. Grill the garlic, chiles and shallots over moderately high heat, turning often, until charred and tender, 8 to 10 minutes for the garlic and chiles and 20 minutes for the shallots.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and let cool. Peel the garlic and shallots and transfer to a mortar or a food processor. Peel, seed and core the chiles (or leave in some seeds for extra heat). Add the chiles to the mortar or processor and pound or pulse to a coarse puree. Stir or pulse in the cilantro, fish sauce, sugar and lime juice and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This