Sunset AUGUST 1997
1. In a covered pan, bring 3 quarts water to a boil over high heat.
2. Meanwhile, rinse chicken, pat dry, and put in a bowl.
3. In a food processor, whirl garlic, cilantro, basil, and mint leaves until minced. Pour into a shallow bowl.
4. Mix vinegar with chicken, lift out pieces with a slotted spoon, and add to herb mixture. Mix and pour pieces into an oiled or nonstick 10- by 15-inch pan and spread out in a single layer.
5. Broil chicken about 4 inches from heat until no longer pink in center (cut to test), 4 to 5 minutes.
6. When chicken goes under the broiler, immediately add linguine to boiling water and cook until tender to bite, 3 to 5 minutes.
7. Drain pasta, return to pan, and add all but 2 tablespoons peanut sauce. Mix well and spoon onto plates. Top equally with chicken. Drizzle with remaining sauce; garnish with mint sprigs.
Go to full version of