Thai Chicken Pasta
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 561
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Protein: 43g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 70g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Sodium: 2112mg
- Cholesterol: 128mg
- 1 pound chicken breast nuggets or strips
- 7 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup firmly packed fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 12 ounces fresh linguine
- 1 cup prepared Asian-style peanut sauce
- Mint sprigs
- 1. In a covered pan, bring 3 quarts water to a boil over high heat.
- 2. Meanwhile, rinse chicken, pat dry, and put in a bowl.
- 3. In a food processor, whirl garlic, cilantro, basil, and mint leaves until minced. Pour into a shallow bowl.
- 4. Mix vinegar with chicken, lift out pieces with a slotted spoon, and add to herb mixture. Mix and pour pieces into an oiled or nonstick 10- by 15-inch pan and spread out in a single layer.
- 5. Broil chicken about 4 inches from heat until no longer pink in center (cut to test), 4 to 5 minutes.
- 6. When chicken goes under the broiler, immediately add linguine to boiling water and cook until tender to bite, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 7. Drain pasta, return to pan, and add all but 2 tablespoons peanut sauce. Mix well and spoon onto plates. Top equally with chicken. Drizzle with remaining sauce; garnish with mint sprigs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note