Thai Chicken Noodle Bowls
These bowls might take a little longer to make, but they are definitely worth it. Packed with Thai chicken, rice, and veggies, adults and kids will not be able to resist this delightful dish.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 8 Hours, 52 Minutes
- Calories: 356
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 41.1g
- Carbohydrate: 37.3g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 469mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons roasted red chile paste
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions (4 onions)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 ounces uncooked rice sticks (rice-flour noodles)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon roasted red chile paste
- Cooking spray
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into ribbons (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- Additional ingredients:
- 6 lime wedges
- 1. To prepare marinade, combine first 9 ingredients in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag; marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- 2. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- 3. While chicken stands, cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- 4. To prepare sauce, combine 1/4 cup rice vinegar and next 6 ingredients (through chile paste) in a small bowl.
- 5. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 6. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken crosswise into slices.
- 7. Place 3/4 cup noodles and slices from 1 chicken breast half in each of 6 bowls. Top each serving with 1/3 cup carrot, about 3 tablespoons cucumber, 2 teaspoons basil, and 1 teaspoon peanuts. Drizzle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons sauce, and serve with 1 lime wedge.
- Tips: To make carrot ribbons, use a vegetable peeler.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note