Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Balancing flavors is the key to making showstopping lettuce wraps. Here, salty fish and oyster sauces, sour lime juice, spicy chili sauce, earthy cilantro, and cool mint mingle in perfect union. Crunchy peanuts and iceberg lettuce cups offer pleasing texture to the mix.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 83
- Calories from fat: 61%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 7.2g
- Carbohydrate: 1.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 229mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce with garlic
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (about 3 onions)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 12 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until done, stirring to crumble. Add onions, and sauté 3 minutes. Add lime juice mixture, cilantro, and mint; sauté 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in peanuts.
- 3. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture onto each lettuce leaf, and roll up.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note