Thai Chicken Kabobs
Yield: 4 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 470
- Calories from fat: 8%
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 74.1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 274mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 2/3 cup canned no-salt-added chicken broth, undiluted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 pound skinned, boned chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 medium-size yellow squash, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 medium-size sweet red peppers, seeded and cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag, and shake until chicken is well coated. Marinate chicken in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and set aside. Thread chicken evenly onto 4 (12-inch) skewers. Thread zucchini, squash, and sweet red pepper alternately onto 4 additional 12-inch skewers.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°). Place vegetable skewers on rack; grill, covered, 5 minutes, turning and basting with reserved marinade. Place chicken skewers on rack; grill chicken and vegetables, covered, 5 additional minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is done, turning and basting often with marinade. Remove vegetables and chicken from skewers.
- To serve, place 1 cup rice on each plate; top evenly with vegetables and chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes