- 2/3 cup canned no-salt-added chicken broth, undiluted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 pound skinned, boned chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 medium-size yellow squash, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 medium-size sweet red peppers, seeded and cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- calories 470
- caloriesfromfat 8 %
- fat 4.1 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 1.1 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 33 g
- carbohydrate 74.1 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 70 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 274 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag, and shake until chicken is well coated. Marinate chicken in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and set aside. Thread chicken evenly onto 4 (12-inch) skewers. Thread zucchini, squash, and sweet red pepper alternately onto 4 additional 12-inch skewers.
Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°). Place vegetable skewers on rack; grill, covered, 5 minutes, turning and basting with reserved marinade. Place chicken skewers on rack; grill chicken and vegetables, covered, 5 additional minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is done, turning and basting often with marinade. Remove vegetables and chicken from skewers.
To serve, place 1 cup rice on each plate; top evenly with vegetables and chicken.