This just didn't live up to my expections. However, my boyfriend love it, which really surprised me. I'll probably make it again but change some of the things I add to the chicken. Also I don't think i'm a big fan of fish sauce... it kinds rubbs me the wrong way. Maybe, i'll use soy instead....
Thai Chicken in Cabbage Leaves
The ground chicken filling has seasonings similar to those in larb, a popular Thai appetizer. Add sticky rice and sautéed fresh snow peas with chopped red bell pepper to complete the meal. Squeeze a lime wedge over the chicken for extra zip.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 147
- Calories from fat: 4%
- Fat: 0.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 26.7g
- Carbohydrate: 8.5g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 557mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons Thai fish sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 16 napa (Chinese) cabbage leaves (about 1 head)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- 1. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add first 3 ingredients to pan. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring to crumble. Drain. Return chicken mixture to pan; stir in mint, cilantro, juice, fish sauce, and pepper.
- 2. Spoon about 3 tablespoons chicken mixture onto each cabbage leaf. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note