This was excellent! My husband and I BOTH raved. Will make again. Don't be afraid to add over the amount called for of vegies.
Thai Beef Salad Wraps
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Melanie J. Clarke and Celine Chenoweth
This dish has all the bright, fresh flavors and crunchy textures of a summer roll. The tortilla wrappers make it a satisfying main dish.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 wrap)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 399
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 12.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 22.4g
- Carbohydrate: 48.5g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 760mg
- Calcium: 113mg
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup cubed peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomato halves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the steak with salt and black pepper. Place steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Combine sliced steak, cucumber, and next 5 ingredients (through cilantro) in a large bowl. Combine sugar, soy sauce, juice, and red pepper. Drizzle over steak mixture; toss well to coat.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Arrange 2 lettuce leaves on each tortilla. Spoon 2/3 cup steak mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note