Delicious! So easy to make. It will wake up taste buds you forgot you had. I did lay a small bed of mixed greens on the plate then topped with the beef salad to add a little more nutrition. Just delicious.
Thai Beef Salad
Photo: Leo Gong; Styling: Robyn Valarik
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 224
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Protein: 20g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 606mg
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Leaves from 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 package (4 oz.) sprouts, such as radish or pea
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion, rinsed
- 2 celery stalks, sliced diagonally
- 2 teaspoons Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce*
- 3 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce*
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound sirloin steak, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1. Put cilantro, sprouts, cucumber, onion, and celery in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together fish sauce, chili sauce, and lime juice to make dressing. Set both aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Drizzle beef with soy sauce. Add beef to vegetable mixture, pour dressing over salad, and toss gently to combine.
- *Find in grocery stores' Asian foods aisle.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes