I can't give it 5 stars because I didn't make the beef this way (I used the maple and soy glazed flank steak recipe from CL and had wanted a nice salad with mandarins to go with it), but the salad was GREAT. The perfect balance of spicy and sweet, and so fresh. Made the red meat feel pretty guiltless. I would definitely make again. I actually made it for my mother at her place and she said it was the best thing I'd ever made for her. So. Pretty glowing reviews. Definite keeper.
Thai Beef Salad
This Thai Beef Salad is quick and easy to prepare and would also be delicious with grilled chicken or lamb. You can make the whole thing ahead of time, as long as the dressing is added right before serving.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 313
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 28.2g
- Carbohydrate: 22.6g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 883mg
- Calcium: 105mg
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 small serrano chile
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup grated, seeded, peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 (12-ounce) package broccoli coleslaw
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak evenly on both sides with pepper and salt. Add steak to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice steak.
- Combine cabbage and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle slaw mixture with cilantro mixture; toss. Arrange 2 cups slaw mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 3 ounces beef.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This