This is a great way to serve leftover steak. Prep and Cook Time: 35 minutes.
Sunset APRIL 2007
1. Preheat broiler with oven rack 4 in. below heat. Rinse steaks and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt on both sides and rub each with 1/2 tsp. chili garlic sauce.
2. In a small dry frying pan over medium-high heat, toast rice until light brown. Set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, place steaks on a baking sheet and broil for 4 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest.
4. In a spice mill or clean coffee grinder, grind rice to a powder.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, and remaining 1/2 tsp. chili garlic sauce.
6. In a large bowl, toss cucumber, greens, mint, cilantro, and basil with 1/2 of the dressing. Divide salad among 4 plates. Cut steaks into 1/4-in.-thick slices and arrange on salads. Drizzle with remaining dressing, sprinkle with rice powder and peanuts, and serve immediately.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Go to full version of