One of the best "at home" Thai recipes! Usually I struggle to get an authentic Thai flavor when I cook at home, but this recipe really delivered!!! I, of course, didn't read the recipe well enough before I began so had to make a few modifications (which made it fantastic, so I think they are necessary). Ingredient Changes: ~2 tbsp dried ground ginger (in lieuf of fresh), used more garlic (1 elephant clove), used only 1 cup radish. Method Changes: Placed first 7 ingredients all in zip top bag and let marinate 20 minutes at room temp, then dumped the whole thing into a hot wok with 1 tbsp of light seasame oil and the minced serrano (with seeds). I let the sirloin cook for 10 minutes and then stirred in the remaining ingredients to heat through about another 3 minutes. Finally, I cooked some barley in water, drained well and stirred into the wok. I placed 3-4 leaves of living Bibb lettuce on each plate and topped with the thai beef. Wow - it was excellent; 100% a keeper - Enjoy!
Thai Beef and Radish Salad
Southeast Asian salads are traditionally eaten out of hand, with lettuce leaves for wrappers. To make the job easier, chill the steak in the freezer for 10 minutes before slicing.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 filled lettuce leaves)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 223
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 25.7g
- Carbohydrate: 6.8g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 471mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 1 tablespoon chile paste with garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound (1/2-inch-thick) boneless sirloin steak, cut diagonally across grain into thin slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Combine chile paste, ginger, and garlic in a large zip-top plastic bag; add steak, tossing to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.
- Combine lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar, stirring with a whisk; set dressing aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Remove steak from bag; discard marinade. Add steak to pan; cook 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning once. Cut steak into 1-inch pieces; place in a medium bowl. Add radishes, cilantro, mint, and serrano. Pour lime juice mixture over beef mixture, tossing to coat. Spoon about 1/3 cup salad into each lettuce leaf, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes