Thai Beef and Green Grape Tomato Salad
Bright, citrusy Green Grape tomatoes are worth seeking out for this salad because their flavor plays into the hot, sour, salty, sweet combination in most Thai dishes. Although this variety is increasingly available, look for the assorted small heirloom cherry tomatoes sold in quart containers if you can't find Green Grapes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 275
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 26.1g
- Carbohydrate: 19.9g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 884mg
- Calcium: 65mg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce (such as Three Crabs)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce (such as Three Crabs)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) flank steak
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 3/4 cups halved Green Grape tomatoes (about 12 ounces)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1. To prepare dressing, combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well, and set aside.
- 2. To prepare salad, combine 3 tablespoons brown sugar and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add steak to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 4 to 6 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 3. Prepare grill.
- 4. Remove steak from bag, and discard marinade. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let steak stand 10 minutes; cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- 5. Combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss gently to coat. Arrange about 1 1/2 cups lettuce mixture on each of 5 plates; top each serving with about 3 ounces steak.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note