Thai Beef and Basil Noodles with Shiitake Gravy
- 8 ounces 1/2-inch-wide rice noodles
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 10 ounce 90% lean ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced ginger
- 3 1/2 cups sliced bok choy (about 7 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups presliced shiitake mushrooms (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 420
- fat 12.5 g
- satfat 3.6 g
- monofat 5.8 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 18 g
- carbohydrate 57 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 93 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 623 mg
- calcium 101 mg
How to Make It
Place noodles in a large bowl; pour boiling water over noodles to cover. Let stand 6 minutes or until pliable, stirring occasionally to separate noodles. Drain. Combine stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and red pepper in a small bowl; whisk until sugar dissolves.
Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add beef to pan; cook 4 minutes or until beef is browned and crispy in places, stirring to crumble. Remove from pan.
Return pan to medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add garlic and ginger to pan; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add bok choy and mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes or until tender. Remove mushrooms and bok choy from pan. Add egg to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Return vegetables to pan.
Add noodles and beef to pan. Add stock mixture to pan; cook 1 minute or until bubbly. Remove from heat. Add basil and black pepper; toss to combine.