This one will be made again and again. The flavors are great- especially for the warmer months- and I can hardly believe it was so light on calories. Next time I will make a bit more of the sauce and be more exact when it comes to chopping up the rice noodles. I can't wait to eat the leftovers cold for lunch tomorrow!
Thai Basil Beef with Rice Noodles
Make this beef dish for a flavorful Thai dish that will become a fast favorite. Use kitchen shears or a knife and fork to chop the rice noodles into smaller pieces, which will make them easier to toss with the curry-lime juice dressing.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 328
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 26.1g
- Carbohydrate: 34.9g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 615mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 8 cups water
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (1 1/2-inch-long) slices fresh asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 4 ounces wide rice stick noodles (bánh pho)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat.
- While pan heats, bring water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add steak to grill pan; grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Sprinkle steak with salt. Cut steak across grain into thin slices.
- While steak cooks, add asparagus to boiling water; cook 2 minutes. Remove asparagus with a slotted spoon. Add noodles to boiling water; cook 3 minutes or until done. Drain; rinse well. Cut noodles into smaller pieces; place in a medium bowl.
- While noodles cook, combine sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, and curry paste in a large bowl. Add one-half of lime mixture to medium bowl with noodles; toss to coat. Add steak, asparagus, tomatoes, and basil to remaining lime mixture in large bowl; toss to combine. Serve steak mixture over noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note